Learn how to grow mushrooms
in logs, straw, and coffee grounds!
$60.00 for the 6 hour workshop with Scott
“The Mushroom Man”
**************This workshop is now Full!!!
10am – 4pm, Crawford Bay Community Corner at Crawford Bay Park.
What you will learn and practice:
– Log inoculation for Shiitake
– Straw Bale inoculation for Oyster, Stropharia Rugoso-Annulata (King stropharia/Wine Cap)
– Chip bed inoculation demo on site or nearby location and
– Coffee ground inoculation with Oyster.
What you will take home with you:
– 1 inoculated straw bale that will yield several pounds of pearl Oyster mushrooms,
– 2 shiitake logs,
– 1 small tub of inoculated coffee grounds to be used as spawn, and
– 1 inoculated tub of wood chips that when colonized, will allow you to inoculate your own chip bed with King stropharia at home.
What you’re asked to bring for yourself:
– 1 old pillowcase
– 1 small plastic container (tupperware) for coffee grounds
– 1 large plastic tub ( Rubbermaid or other brand plastic tub/tote)
– Potluck for 3 people – to be synchronized later on.
Leave a comment to register, or talk to us on our Facebook Event Page.